We make the following commitments for 2012.
We will report on our progress against these commitments in the 2012 Community Engagement Annual Report, which will be published in spring 2013.
A Better Environment
- Deliver the commitments outlined within the Noise Action Plan designated for 2012.
- Deliver the targets outlined within the Airport Surface Access Strategy designated for 2012.
- Reduce C02 emissions from London Luton Airport’s own buildings to below 20,000 tonnes (continued) by 2013.
- Continue working with National Air Traffic Control and our airline partners to chieve at least 90% of arriving aircraft perform a Continuous Descent Approach (CDA).
A Vibrant Neighbourhood
- Raise £30,000 for our Charity Partner Sue Ryder.
- Work in partnership with local educational organisations to deliver a numeracy challenge to 1,000 local primary school pupils.
- Hold a community sport event with partners to benefit at least 500 people.
- Commit £50,000 to the Airport Community Trust Fund.
A Growing Economy
- Increase awareness of career opportunities at London Luton Airport through delivering a ‘Get into Airport’s programme with the Prince’s Trust and onsite partners.
- Work with stakeholders to hold an event to support the local supply chain.
- Deliver 1,000 hours of Health and Safety training to London Luton Airport Staff.